- “Vancouver Combats Heroin by Giving Its Addicts the Best Smack in the World.”Public Radio International. N.p., 4 Feb. 2015. Web. 24 Nov. 2015.
Background: This article discusses how there is a safe zone set up to prevent heroin drug user to go out of control. And how Harm reduction program set up by doctors and government support supplying world’s purest heroine to the worst addicts. Also provides heroin addicts positive comments towards harm reduction program. Some of the places were Harm reduction program has its origin are also mentioned.
How I intend to use it: This article will help me start off to research the root of the problem in Vancouver and rest of the Europe. It will help me begin my introduction.
- “Long-Term Side Effects of Heroin – Physical Effects on the Body & Brain – Drug-Free World.”Long-Term Side Effects of Heroin – Physical Effects on the Body & Brain – Drug-Free World. Foundation for Drug Free World, n.d. Web. 24 Nov. 2015.
Background: This article mentions about harmful effects of long term use of heroine. And how this program Drug Free World reaches out to help out people with addiction problems.
How I intend to use it: I can use this website to talk about some of the negative affects of long term use of heroin. And mention about some of the programs that can be very helpful to eliminate use of heroin.
- Beiser, Vince. “Vancouver’s Radical Approach to Drugs: Let Junkies Be Junkies.” Alternet. N.p., 18 Nov. 2008. Web. 24 Nov. 2015.
Background: The article talks about some good benefits of harm reduction program. And discusses whether the goal of eliminating disease will do any good to people’s health. I has some useful facts and information on infections caused by needles used on streets.
How I intend to use it: I will use this article to support harm reduction program through facts and explain how it can benefit Vancouver.
- Hiebert, Paul. “Vancouver’s Supervised Drug Injection Center: How Does It Work?”The Awl Vancouvers Supervised Drug Injection Center How Does It Work Comments. N.p., Apr.-May 2012. Web. 24 Nov. 2015.
Background: This article discusses how vancouver’s clinic admistrates heroine. And how the equipment are sterilized and basic overview of how program is ran.
How I intend to use it: This article will help me talk about what goes in and around the clinic for insite.
5. “Addiction Counseling: Abstinence Versus Harm Reduction.” New Hope Recovery Center RSS. N.p., 29 July 2014. Web. 24 Nov. 2015.
Background: The source provides difference between abstinence and harm reduction. It provides some of the therapies available to cure problem from the root to help patients recover from the drug addiction.
How I intend to use it: This source can guide me to find some overlap of abstinence and harm reduction program. This article will help me with my argument about curing patients health is important.
- “Harm Reduction: An Approach to Reducing Risky Health Behaviours in Adolescents.”Paediatrics & Child Health. Pulsus Group Inc, Jan. 2008. Web. 25 Nov. 2015.
Background: This source provides some research on why harm reduction program benefits people in our society. And provides information on other programs such as AMPS and SHAHRP to educate children and people about drug abuse.
How I intend to use it: I can use the statistics provided in this source to support my argument.
- “Is Harm Reduction Policy to Blame for Current Drug Epidemic?” Parents Oppposed to Pot. N.p., 22 Nov. 2015. Web. 25 Nov. 2015.
Background: This article opposes harm reduction program as unhelpful to stop drug use. The article mentions how this program promotes drug use and addiction. And addresses some problems of the harm reduction program strategy.
How I intend to use it: I will use this argument to support my main argument on how it encourages drug use along with some other benefits in society. I can use some ideas through this article to relate drug use pattern with harm reduction program.
8. Rogers, Susan J., and Terry Ruefli. “Does Harm Reduction Programming Make a Difference in the Lives of Highly Marginalized, At-risk Drug Users?” Harm Reduction Journal. BioMed Central, n.d. Web. 04 Dec. 2015.
Background: This article provides information on the outcome of the research conducted on the harm reduction program. It also provides method is used to conduct this research with discussion included. And it gives readers some background knowledge on the program itself.
How I intend to use it: I will use the research information and results provided in my research paper. I can use it as an example in outcomes and benefit paragraph of my paper.
9. Stoové, Mark, Carla J. Treloar, Lisa Maher, Helen Tyrrell, and Jack Wallace. “Salvaging a Prison Needle and Syringe Program Trial in Australia Requires Leadership and Respect for Evidence.” Med J Aust The Medical Journal of Australia 203.8 (2015): 319-20. Web. 6 Dec. 2015. hLinkBC File #102a N.p., n.d. Web. 07 Dec. 2015.
Background: This journal provides Insite facility background information in Australia. It explains some of the positive and negative aspects of this program.
How I intend to use it: I can use some pros and cons of the safe needle exchange in my research paper to make my claim stronger.
10. Understanding Harm Reduction. N.p., n.d. Web. 4 Dec. 2012.
Background: This article provides background knowledge behind the harm reduction program. It explains how and who the program was created by.
How I intend to use it: I will use this information to talk about the history of the program and explain about its implementation.