Definition (or Categorical) Rewrite
As you did before with your Visual Argument and your followup Visual Rewrite, you’ll be required to revise and re-post your Definition (or Categorical) Argument as a Definition Rewrite, in a new Category, A10: Definition Rewrite.
Whatever improvements you make to your Definition argument, you can also copy back to your first assignment, A07: Definition (Category) Argument.
For the time being, then, both posts will be identical but with different titles. The only difference will be what happens in the future.
- Your A07 grade will be a permanent part of your Non-portfolio collection of assignments. It cannot be further improved. However . . .
- You can continue to improve your A10 right up until the day Portfolios are due, although feedback may be very limited, and you will never again receive a specific grade for improvements you make. The final version will contribute to your overall holistic Portfolio grade.
You’ll need to cite two sources for this Rewrite, which can be different from those you selected for your first draft, A07.
- Post this mandatory Rewrite of your first Shorter Argument, the Definition (or Categorical) Argument before your class begins FRI NOV 13.
- Make significant revisions to your A07, then copy and paste your best draft to make your A07 and A10 identical for the time being.
- Include Works Cited.
- Title your post Definition Rewrite—Username.
- Publish your definition essay in the A10: Definition Rewrite category and your Username category.